We understand that the services that we provide are at the heart of every ecommerce store and are critical for your business. Every downtime or problem has a direct and tangible impact on your revenue and on your success. We are commited to the highest engineering and operational standards to provide services which power your business without interruptions.
Here are some of the things that we do:
- We have an exhausting monitoring infrastructure in place and monitor thousands of different metrics which tell us about health and performance of all of the parts of the system.
- We use a proactive alerting system with hundreds of alerting rules. When something goes wrong, we are aware of it and take action.
- We have 24/7 engineering on-call rotation where trained engineers are always on duty. When a critical alert fires, the on-call team receives a pager and acts on the problem. Even during the night, weekend or public holidays.
- We designed Luigi's Box with resiliency in mind. Luigi's Box runs in several geographically separated datacenters. All of the services and underlying infrastructure are operated with a level of redundancy to account for potential failures.
- We actively test for resiliency problems using chaos engineering. The system is designed to gracefully degrade (instead of failing) in case some pieces of infrastructure are not available.
What to do in case of an incident?
To learn about Luigi's Box incidents, we recommend that you subscribe to updates on the Luigi's Box status page. In case we announce an incident, you will receive an email notification.
Depending on the severity of the incident and impact on your business, you may decide that you want to disable Luigi's Box services until the incident is resolved.
Services integrated by Luigi's Box team
In case the services have been integrated by the Luigi's Box team, you can simply head to "General settings" and "Emergency deactivation" in the Luigi's Box application. From this screen you can disable or enable individual services.
Services integrated by you
In case the services are integrated by you, we recommend that you implement the option to disable Luigi's Box services and fall back to your original solution for search or PLP. In a case there should be serious incident it is better to fall back to a temporary solution.